Current Available Positions:
Deputy Sheriff - Salary $41,000.00 Annually (Approximate)
Jail Division - Salary $30,000.00 Annually (Approximate)
911 - Salary $29,000.00 Annually (Approximate)
WE ARE ALSO SEEKING TO ADD 4 ADDITIONAL SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS - $42,000.00 Annually (Approximate). WE PREFER CERTIFIED OFFICERS FOR THESE POSITIONS. ADDITIONAL TESTING AND SCREENING MAY APPLY.
In addition employees receive :
Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
12 paid Holidays
Sick Leave plus
A unique schedule that allows permanent shifts with every other weekend off, which equates to working 1/2 the month
To apply, please come to the Sheriff's Office
You can email questions or your completed application along with the required attachments to Lieutenant Pete Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call his direct line at (803) 405-7710.
You may also bring the application and documentation to our office or mail it to the Newberry County Sheriff's Office, P.O. Box 247, Newberry, SC, 29108, Attention: Training Division.
Note: Application Must Include:
A picture of the applicant
Copy of birth certificate
Credit history report
Hand written statement of why you wish to be a Deputy, Correctional Officer or 911 Operator
Copy of High School diploma or Bachelors Degree
Signatures affixed and witnessed
I. JOB POSITION FOR POSITION OF DEPUTY SHERIFF
The Newberry County Deputy Sheriff shall be responsible for the enforcement of all statutes and criminal laws, both felony and misdemeanor in the State of South Carolina. A deputy shall be responsible for answering any and all calls for service or assistance assigned to him/her by Central communications. He/she will be assigned daily tasks through a chain of command created by the Sheriff. The tasks involved will include, but not be limited to the following;
1. Providing District and Circuit Court with security
2. Transportation of prisoners
3. Investigating and reporting of motor vehicle accidents
4. Investigating and reporting criminal activity
5. Service of both Civil and Criminal papers ( warrants, summons, subpoena's, writs, executions, EPO's, garnishments and evictions)
Additionally, the Deputy may be called upon to administer first aid, provide CPR, provide assistance to outside agencies and present courtroom testimony. A Deputy will have a working knowledge of the geographical locations within the county and will present himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
II. CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
The following standards must be met before an application can be effectively processed;
1. Is a citizen of the United States
2. Not less than twenty-one (21) years of age
3. Is a High School Graduate or has successfully passed a G.E.D. examination
4. Possess a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle
5. Has not been convicted of a felony
6. Is not prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm
7. Has received an honorable discharge if having served in any branch of the armed forces of the U.S.
8. Has not had certification as a peace officer revoked in any other state
If these criteria are effectively met, the applicant must submit to and pass the following requirements;
1. A medical examination
2. A background investigation including fingerprinting
3. A oral interview
4. A psychological examination
5. A physical agility test.
550 Wilson Road
Newberry, SC 29108