Mobile Home Information
The only persons Permitted to engage in mobile home set-up are those individuals who are licensed as installers in the State of South Carolina, per the South Carolina Manufactured Housing Board.
Information Required to Obtain a Manufactured Home Permit
Inspection Permit $50.00
- Approved Zoning Permit
- Proof of Ownership (title, sale agreement from dealer, or bill of sale)
- Copy of moving permit (if coming from another County)
- Mover and Installer sheets (signed & completed by the mover)
- Form from Delinquent Tax Collectors Office stating that all taxes are paid. This form comes from the Building Department.
Moving Permit $50.00
- If moving within Newberry County (same requirements as for the Inspection Permit)
- If moving out of Newberry County (need address of the new location and all current taxes are paid)
- New placement (same information as Inspection Permit)
- Change of Ownership (proof of ownership)
- bill of sale
Used Manufactured Home (same as above)
- Change of Ownership
- Coming from another County (meed moving permit from that County. If it is used coming off a dealership lot, moving permit from where the dealership originally bought the mobile home)
Final Inspection on Manufacture Homes
- All mobile features are to be removed. (tongue/wheels)
- All homes are to be double blocked and tied down to withstand 115 mph wind load.
- Power pole: installed up to 30' away from any side of the home.
- A 3' working space in front of the breaker box is required.
- Double wide mobile home meter base can be mounted to the side of the home.
- Pipes are to be at a slope for the water to flow correctly.
- Certify that potable water is connected to the home.
- Clean-out for the sewer and a cut-off for the water within 3' of the side of the home.
- Underpinning or skirting
- Materials to use are metal, vinyl, brick, block, wood or tin.
- If using brick or block, a footing is required.
- Steps and Decks
- Landing must be at least 3' x 3' at each entrance of the home.
- 911 Address
- Post the numbers on the home or on the stair post leading to the front door.
- A mailbox or reflective address marker posted at the road.
- The address numbers must be 4" high.
- The decal should be properly displayed in a window facing the main road.
- Final Inspection
- Call 803-321-2662 for final inspection. When inspection passes, an electrical release number is given to the electrical provider for connection. If the inspection fails, there could be a $25.00 re-inspection fee charge.